Some interesting Fairtrade facts...
- 19 million glasses of Fairtrade wine were enjoyed in the UK in 2010. You can buy Fairtrade wines in most major retailers and selected wine merchants.
- One in every four bananas sold in UK supermarkets are Fairtrade. All bananas in Sainsbury’s are Fairtrade – they sell 1,200 Fairtrade bananas a minute adding up to a whopping 650 million a year (2015).
- Over £25 Million in Fairtrade Premium generated from Fairtrade sales in the UK in 2014.
- £1.67 Billion in UK Fairtrade sales in UK in 2014.
- Fairtrade is a thriving and growing campaign movement with over 600 Fairtrade Towns, over 1000 Fairtrade Schools, over 170 Fairtrade Universities and Colleges and over 6,700 Fairtrade Faith Groups, including Churches, Synagogues, Mosques and Hindu temples. (2015)
- West Lothian has: four Fairtrade towns - Bathgate, Linlithgow, Livingston and Whitburn; one Fairtrade village in Uphall; two mini Fairtrade zones in Fauldhouse and Breich Valley (2015).
- Sainsburys is the world’s largest retailer of Fairtrade products (2015).